Hi, my name is Leyton Collins. Welcome to my blog!
I'm an Agilist, agile evangelist (okay, some people say 'nerd'), and I believe knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted.
Project and program management is and has been an active passion of mine since before it was considered a job unto its own; back when project management was something you did in addition to your real job. I've learned a lot over that time and hopefully some wisdom along with that including how to manage that passion. I'll hopefully also continue to learn more as time goes on.
I have been doing Agile since I learned of:
- DSDM in 1993,
- RAD in 1996,
- Scrum in 1998,
- XP in 2003, and
- So on and so forth -- e.g. the 'xDD' stratgeis like Test and Feature Driven Development
- Practical training and experience as a Program Manager, and as such a customer of Project Managers doing Agile
- Tester (experience in Reliability Engineering at Nortel)
- Consultant / Contractor
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master),
- PMP (Project Management Professional) and am an active member of the PMI,
- PRINCE2 Practitioner,
- ITILv3 Foundation certified and have been using this ITILv1,
- Six sigma Green Belt (Nortel employee certification),
- Promoter of COBIT and CMMI,
- Hold the philosophy that I am a lifelong learner, seek to learn something new every day, presume that if I’m not progressing and advancing my knowledge I’m getting dumber / regressing (there’s no standing still in nature),
- A poor politician (I don’t like office politics, I don’t practice it, and I prefer to avoid people who do), and
- I can be a bit of an ass when people speak opinions and perceptions as though they are truths.